Sunday, October 28, 2018

The Political Scene and Slogans...

Hello again, dear friends!


It's been a long time since I last posted for this blog, isn't it?  Well, today I'd like to talk about a topic that is presently driving me crazy.  I'd like to talk about our political scene and things that drive me insane.


Let's begin with the current political scene.  In my life, I've seen politics get really ugly, but within the past decade and the past, oh, two years or so particularly, it's worse than I've ever seen it.  I used to be a little bit right of center. However, recent events have pulled me to the middle by US standards.  I cannot be a Democrat or a Republican. I watch party members squabble like small children over a favorite toy in the class and it sickens me.  I want the US back to people looking at other people with interested curiosity, not hateful suspicion. 


I also want to talk about the use of slogans that are quoted somewhat mindlessly.  When you say a particular slogan, what does it mean to you?  What could it mean to another person?  I want you to think carefully before you answer.  What is a slogan you've heard that sounds good when someone says it, but could be bad if looked at in another way?

No comments:

Post a Comment