Monday, July 8, 2013

Spiritual Journey Part VI: The Rediscovered Fun

Hello again, faithful readers!

Last time I was pretty down in the dumps with a lot of things going on in my life. This morning as I write, I reflect that the darkness doesn't have to last forever. Darkness falls but the light comes again. The past few days, I have enjoyed a break from heavier duty and have been able to do some fun things that I like. I've made three kinds of bread and loved every minute of it! For those of you who know me on other websites, you'll know that I love to bake. So yesterday, I made one of the things that was on my "drop in the bucket" list. I made challah bread. Challah, pronounced Hall-uh, is an egg bread traditionally made for the Jewish Shabbat or Sabbath if memory serves. I've always wanted to make it and yesterday, the weather where I lived was perfect for proofing the bread dough or helping it to rise. I did it successfully the first time I made it!

I think what we all need occasionally is time to just breathe. I'm out of the dark night for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment